Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Xander's noontime band!!


Winners KroaKING season 2
1st : roopika
2nd : andy
3rd : mark lazaro

... So when Carlton Braganza tells me the finalists at this year’s Opus Idol are as good as anything we saw on the recently concluded America Idol, I ask him who (did I mean What?) he’s been smoking lately. But I turn out dutifully at the Chowdaiah Hall to judge the finals nevertheless, much concerned that my reputation, already verging on the flaky, is going to take a hit from which it may never recover. I mean what do I know about songs that shriek and scream and hippety-hop all over the place? I have shoes older than some of those singers, for heaven’s sake.
To read Stanley Pinto's account and Chris Williams critique go here

.... I should have written many days ago. I’ve had the time and I’ve had the intention. I just don’t know where to start. This gig started off as an innocent karaoke competition. I don’t know what it has become. Twelve people, all of who sing as if Kate Moss is headed towards the exit, and only their singing can bring her back. (Hi, Chris? How’re you doing?) Twelve people who are singers and performers and divas and…are men called divas too? They should be.
here for entire anoopa article

Wed KroaKnight: hosted by mark swaroop
Sun KroaKnight : hosted by CB .. (special prize for the best aerosmith song of the nite)

one more huuuuge THANK YOU to all sponsors, judges, writers, stylists, photographers, singers, production peoples and just about everyone who made this possible ... im uploading pics but there are tons so they will be up in entirety after 2 days


After concerts at Colorado Springs, Los Angeles & Boston.Xander, Isom and Luc are on a mission to bring about change.
2pm, sunday, 3rd june, with a buffet of khao suey, pastas and dosas












THURSDAY SIGNATURE BOOZE & BRAINS: Hosted by Mark Rego & DJ Vinay - this a a popular quiz night where winners get all their booze free for the night.
Rated by the BBC as indias best pub quiz. A heady combination of booze & brains!!! try it to find out... No entry charges.


2nd june: SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER with DJ Carlton the saturday night post aerosmith concert party to let your hair down and dance the night away

For Reservations Call 080-23442580.
go here for more details about OPUS ... and if u are on ORKUT there's an opus and a kroaknight community ...

No comments:

opus - 8 days a week

opus - 8 days a week